Sunday, April 22, 2007

Charity Fundraiser for Quarry Hill Nature Center

After hiking at Nerstrand yesterday we returned to Rochester to attend am Earth Day fundraiser for Quarry Hill Nature Center. We competed in a silent and live auction and got some cool stuff for a good cause. We also got to meet some terrific people including our mayor, Ardell Brede who is doing a wonderful job and his wife Judy. There was also wine and Lisa had just enough to embolden her get a picture or two take with one of "Gods creations." One that I might add she does not particularly care for (as the picture indicates)...

As it turns out we won a beautiful and great smelling 10 year old Rosemary tree, bread for a year, an additional bread basket and a care package for Jaida. In addition, all the proceeds went to a great cause. Quarry Hill Nature Preserve is situated right in Rochester and provides education opportunities, hiking trails, and research right in my back yard. To be fair I also got my picture taken with the snake (a Fox snake, very harmless and very common in Minnesota). However, as you can see, I rather enjoy snakes. If I am real lucky I will be able to come across a Timber Rattle Snake this summer. All told we had a great time supporting a great cause.

No comments: